Methods of pest control to protect your home
What is Pest control?
Pest control refers to the regulation or management of species, called as pest, and can be harmful to a person’s health, the ecosystem, or the market. A practitioner of a pest control is known as “exterminator”.
Necessity of pest control
Pest control is a necessity for every house, office or locality, school, and every entity engaged in any occupation. If you want your living place to be free of insects, free of germs, free of mosquitoes, free of termites, bug bites etc., pest control is a healthy option. Your home is your castle, and protecting it from attackers means having the finest protection. Keeping up with routine pest control is important to have the ideal protection from pests.
Methods of pest control to protect your castle
Pests can cause a lot of damage; it can have an adverse effect on your home and can spread the disease and cause illness to you. The various pest control methods are-
- Traps- You must be aware about the traps to catch the mice or rodents. They are one of the safest pest control methods. While some of the traps may kill the pest, or other alternative may keep it alive, so you can remove it from your property at a place far from your home.
- Household organic sprays- You can make a non chemical household organic spray yourself. Simply mix water and a dish washer liquid. Also add lemon juice extract, peppermint oil, camphor oil and vodka to make an excellent homemade pest repellent.
- Biological pest control- One of the most frequently used pest control includes biological pest control. This use of a chemical controls and manages population and production of predators and parasites around your home in order to control them from growing. This method is capable of eliminating a pest, without causing any serious harm to the environment.
- Pesticides- The pesticide acts as a toxin and kills the pest immediately. Therefore it is vital to be conscious of the target insects before choosing the type of insecticide. It is quite toxic, and needs very vigilant handling in order to prevent poisoning. Wear a mask and gloves on your hands before spraying and ensure that you wash your hands after using the pesticide.
- Chemical repellents- An insect repellent is a substance applied to the surface, clothing which discourages insects form landing, climbing or entering on that area. With chemical repellents you can keep your home safe from both large and small insects. It helps prevent and control the outbreak of insect-borne diseases such as malaria, dengue fever, lyme disease and west line fever. Always remember to keep repellent out of the reach of children. As with chemical exposures in general, pregnant women should take care to exposures to repellents, as it may be very harmful to the unborn baby
- Natural mosquito repellents- The Environmental Protection agency (EPA) says that mosquito repellents that contain DEET or Picaridin are safe for adults and children over age of 2 months, if used correctly. But you can choose natural repellents. Application of certain oils such as lavender oil crushed lavender produce a fragrance of oil that can repel mosquitoes. Other oils such as cinnamon oil, thyme oil, soybean oil can provide longer lasting protection from mosquitoes.
Sydneians know pest control is needed for your health, the most vital and crucial reason. Residents should always opt for professional help for any pest issue. It looks towards the safety of you, your food and your home.